|Geographical Location:||Boston/New York|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
About UsThere is no information to display under this section.
Oxford Nanopore Technologies are seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to join the Business Development Team, based in Boston or New York.
This exciting and challenging role is responsible for contract activity, primarily sales related commercial contracts and other customer-oriented agreements.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Business Development, the successful candidate will function as domain expert on commercial contracts issues, providing guidance to internal business teams (e.g. legal, financial and commercial) for the resolution of contract-related issues.
The Contracts Manager will work across the organisation, as well as with external customers to;
- review moderate to complex solicitations and prepare specialized and/or non-routine responses to requests for proposals, bids, and contracts.
- Analyse and negotiate contract requirements, special provisions and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with corporate business strategy, policies and commercial procedures.
- Manage contract changes.
- Review and gain approvals for contract terms and conditions with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure delivery of fully executed contracts.
- May assist in new business pursuits and development of associated contracts.
- Over time, participate in development of business alliances and partnering agreements.
What We Are Looking For…..
The Contracts Manager will have excellent internal and external negotiation skills, with demonstrable experience of applying good independent judgment and creativity in their approach to resolution of contract issues.
They will have a working knowledge of contracting concepts and applicable contract law, including government and international contract regulations, with the ability to draft terms for moderately complex contracts taking into account corporate contracting policies and objectives.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, working to tight deadlines across multiple time zones. They will demonstrate Life Sciences industry expertise and understand key market influences. Experience working in start-up/SME and larger organisations is desirable.
A Bachelor Degree, preferably Life Sciences, is essential along with extensive knowledge and experience of business and contract management. A Masters Degree is desirable.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.