|Employment Type:||Full Time|
About UsThere is no information to display under this section.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join the Engineering Team as an Engineering Technician. This exciting and challenging role will involve supporting the build of prototype products and working towards transferring the prototypes in to production as well as providing technical support to the Manufacturing department to improve production processes and resolve technical issues.
Successful applicants will be engaged in an exciting area of our business working within a multi-disciplinary team that demands high standards in the delivery of results.
The Engineering Technician’s duties will include:
- Assisting the progression of prototype builds with a view to develop into production assemblies.
- Responsibility for the performance and calibration of production equipment used within ONT extending to assessment and procurement of requisite tooling and fix Turing, working in conjunction with other engineers, production staff, and technicians.
- Hands on mechanical and electronic assembly, wiring layout, and adjustment of components using workshop processes (i.e. mill, lathe, laser cutter 3D printer).
- Keeping equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services, following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures
- Providing support to resolve technical issues, ensuring all investigation work is documented, with the aim to reduce cost and improve reliability, while complying with current quality standards
- Defining and documenting clear written specifications and work instructions to ensure effective and efficient product assembly and test
- Developing, documenting, and improving required tooling and associated test equipment, in a timely manner, by liaising with the engineering and manufacturing teams, to guarantee product quality and operational productivity and efficiency
- Contributing towards driving continuous improvement and ensuring departmental targets are met and exceeded wherever possible
- Maintaining a safe working environment ensuring all company and regulatory standards are achieved at all times
What We Are Looking For…..
A mechanical engineering background including experience of fault finding at component part level. A wide range of experience in an operations environment, ideally gained in manufacturing companies within the medical device or highly regulated industry would be a significant advantage. Experience in the use of electrical, mechanical and optical measuring equipment would be advantageous.
The successful applicant will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role will suit someone who is committed, proactive, results focussed and willing to take on new challenges. Have the ability multi-task, meet tight deadlines without losing focus, works well with others with good attention to detail.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.